10. You’ve bought a car specifically because of the number of tall, skinny dogs you could fit into it.
9. You factor in “dogage” when you cook and make a little extra to dole out to the supervisory canine staff.
8. You have slept sideways across your bed (or even on the couch or the floor) because you didn’t want to wake up the dog sleeping on your pillow.
6. You have more pictures of your dogs than of your human children on your Facebook page. (Go ahead and count them, we’ll wait.)
5. You have walked past an article of clothing or piece of furniture you really wanted because you knew you couldn’t keep it free of dog-hair.
4. You have suffered through the extreme urge to pee until you felt like crying because you didn’t want to wake up the dog sleeping on you.
3. You’ve had to explain to a well-meaning friend, co-worker, or teacher that you don’t have an abusive boyfriend—the dog really did trip you going down the stairs.
2. Your dog has more collars than you have pairs of underwear. And they’re prettier. And they cost more.
And the number one hint that you might be a Sighthound person . . .
1. You pick up a pile of poop off your floor and a little voice in the back of your head says, “At least it’s firm.”