Are you a news junkie . . . A dog person? If yes, you might consider yourself particularly well informed about "pooches in the paper." So take our quiz and test your knowledge. (Answers are at the bottom.)
2. Highly-trained dogs are able to detect what in urine with 98 percent accuracy, according to a study presented in May at annual meeting of the American Urological Association?
3. Both Petsmart and Petco announced in May they will stop selling what product?
5. The Pittsburgh Symphony has hired five dogs for a summer performance of Leopold Mozart’s Hunting Horn Symphony during which the dogs will do what?
6. The American Kennel Club named what breed the most popular for 2013 – for the 23rd year in a row? Hint: It is not, alas, a Sighthound.
8. In May, National Geographic ran a story honoring a German Shepherd named Caesar who did what?
9. What short-legged, black-haired Presidential pup died in mid-May at the age of 10?
10. What is the name of the hero cat who defended a four-year-old from a dog attack in Bakersfield, California?
How well do you think you did?
And . . . the answers are:
1. The World's Ugliest Dog Contest
2. Prostate cancer
3. Dog and cat treats made in China
5. Bark on cue
6. Labrador Retriever
8. Served in the Pacific Theater in WWII
9. Miss Beazley, President George W. Bush’s Scottish terrier
10. Tara and the video is here.